Discover the Benefits of Giving Wisely
Estimate your benefits
based on your situation
Did you know there are creative ways to support Pomona College? Ways in which Pomona College, you and your loved ones all benefit at the same time?
Such giving techniques are called "planned gifts," because with thoughtful planning, you create win-win solutions for you and Pomona College. For example:
- You can make a gift that costs nothing during your lifetime.
- You can give stock and realize larger tax savings.
- You can get a monthly paycheck for life in return for your gift.
- You can donate your house, continue to live there, and get a tax break all at the same time.
- You can make a gift that protects your income as you age, insurance for your longevity.
Tip of the Day
Charitable Gift Annuities offer a stable alternative to the fluctuations of the market.
Current stresses in the market have reduced interest rates on bonds and savings instruments to lows not seen in many years. Investors looking for ways to capture the remaining gains in their stock portfolios enjoy few reinvestment options.
One strategy is our charitable gift annuity. This simple gift plan makes fixed lifetime payments to up to two beneficiaries at rates higher than those of most bonds and CDs.
While our gift annuity is not meant to be competitive with a commercial annuity, it does share the feature of paying part of the donor's contribution back as a tax-free return of principal. That, plus careful investment management, allows Pomona College to offer a gift plan that is increasingly attractive to donors. It allows you to make a significant gift while securing hard-to-find income and tax benefits.